We can all make a difference from our home or office, by implementing specific actions. the World Environmental Education Daywho is commemorated on January 26andinvites us to raise awareness of the challenges we face in this regard.
This is why we are sharing seven actions here to contribute to the environment from home:
- Unplug electronic devices that you are not using. Remember that every time you have something plugged in, it consumes power.
- Take advantage of natural light, so you can use less energy and save on your electricity bill.
- Separate the waste. Most materials can be recycled.
- Prioritize reusable objects. Clothes, toys and shoes can get a second chance.
- Bring your cloth bags or other materials that are alternatives to plastic when shopping.
- Properly close the pipes, check your home or office for water leaks.
- Participate regularly in volunteer days in your community and inspire others.
Make the difference
“We can all make a difference from our home or office, by implementing specific actions to reduce environmental impact,” said Teddy Vargas, Mondelēz Managing Director for the Caribbean and Central America.